Artefact Animator Wish List

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2010 at 12:09 AM

This is the first release of an internal product and therefore could be missing some important features. So the question is, what would you like to see in future releases?

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Apr 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM

i'd like to see the methods like ArtefactAnimator.AddEase() take in typed parameters and not parameters of type 'object' - there should be at least some level of type safety if at all possible..

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM

The downside to using typed parameters is that it limits the flexibility. Obviously it would help to decrease errors by increasing the safety and readability. For now I’ve only put typed parameters in the Extension methods but I’ll look into a better way after I complete some other features.

Thanks for your input.

May 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM
jgraup wrote:

The downside to using typed parameters is that it limits the flexibility. Obviously it would help to decrease errors by increasing the safety and readability. For now I’ve only put typed parameters in the Extension methods but I’ll look into a better way after I complete some other features.

Thanks for your input.

Please correct me If I am wrong but can we use Generics here to restrict the users to pass parameters of particular type

thank you

sandesh daddi

sanshark.com

May 11, 2010 at 5:03 PM

the best route would be to make all related classes that can be passed in based on a common base class, that way you can have your method parameters just require an object that implements that base type - using 'object' for any type of a parameter is a really bad practice..

example method:

void PurchaseVehicle(Vehicle vehicle) { }

example usages:

Truck t;
Car c;
PurchaseVehicle(t);
PurchaseVehicle(c);

Types Truck and Car have a common base class of Vehicle

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:54 AM
It would be great if you could schedule multiple animations on the same property. Use case here: http://artefactanimator.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218404 Or, alternatively respect the delay parameter when deciding whether a running animation needs to be stopped.
Jul 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I have a request that would help with Flash parity.

It's the ability to animate masks with some sort of shortcut. An old trick that I used quite frequently is a reveal animation in Flash.

RectangleA is mask for ControlB -> I'd then animate the Height of RectangleA from 0 until it was the height of ControlB
Now, I know there is not support directly for objects themselves being ClippingMasks in WFP/Silverlight, and that is a huge part of the problem. If Artefact animator could bridge that gap, it would be huge!

Thanks for the great work!